Donte Jackson uncovers what it'll take for him to proclaim ahead of schedule for 2018 NFL Draft



On the off chance that there's one thing you can bet on with LSU cornerback Donte Jackson, it's that he's a renegade. He's a person who chose where he went to secondary school since individuals disclosed to him it wouldn't work out. He's a person who wound up at LSU incompletely in light of the fact that individuals growing up let him know he'd wind up some place like Nicholls State or Southeastern. Presently he has another choice to make, maybe his greatest one. What's more, you best trust he's out to demonstrate more individuals off-base.

A draft-eligible junior, Jackson hasn't made up his mind yet about whether he'll declare for the 2018 NFL Draft with a year of eligibility remaining. He said he's going to wait until after the Citrus Bowl to work that out with his coaches and family. But that doesn't mean Jackson hasn't thought about his future.

And more important, it doesn't mean other people haven't thought about his future for him. "I talk to Tre'Davious White every other day," Jackson said. "We're going to talk today. He's always just telling me, 'God gave you a gift. Whichever decision you make, you're still blessed.' That's what I look at. Everything is going to care of itself."

https://res.cloudinary.com/cmgverticals/image/upload/c_crop,g_north_west,h_2358,w_4473,x_0,y_294/c_fill,h_589,w_1120/e_sharpen,f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto/v1511063020/GettyImages-876064458_kyuwfk.jpg

Regardless of the decision he makes, Jackson said he thinks he knows where he stands. Fans might point out to him that he got beat on a couple of plays versus Chattanooga or Troy. But he's also a guy who didn't allow a completion versus Auburn and wasn't thrown at against Alabama. Those are the games Jackson said he thinks pro scouts will be watching. Those are the plays he thinks will get him a first-round grade.

And those are the performances that'll make this decision hard for him. But that's why his mind isn't made up.

"The door's not shut for me," Jackson said. "I'm still here. I'm still loving this place. Every day I walk in here, I'm still smiling, still joking. I've still got different handshakes with everybody on the team. I'm not in no rush to make any decisions. That's how I keep it like that. I'm just enjoying my time here."